The Bonne Bay South Tree House offers a variety of programs to families of children birth to 6 years of age.
Parent/Child programs are offered twice weekly in both Trout River and Woody Point. During these sessions families spend quality time together and socialize with other families. Activities include: Play time, sing-a-longs, reading, crafts, games and cooking.
In addition to these programs we offer Best Mom's parent programs Bi-Monthly and Healthy Baby Club on an ongoing basis. Healthy Baby Club is a great opportunity for expectant families to get togther for pre and post natal education programs, exercise and other fun activities.
For Program schedules please check out our monthly caledars or contact: Program Facilitator, Michell Harris 709-451-2168
Healthy baby club
The HBC works with participants to:
- Improve nutrition
- Decrease incidences of smoking, alcohol and drug us
- Raise self-esteem
- Increase initiation and duration of breastfeeding
- Encourage physical activity
- Support early physician care and use of health services
- Enhance social and community support
- Enhance positive parenting skills